Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Stolen

Woke up this morning
Feeling robbed
Stomach hurts
Head throbs
Eyes are red, swollen
Looking around,
feeling around
for what was stolen

Things were crazy
And felt so good
Afraid to lose that feeling
you made me feel
Like no one could
Away from the world
where people hurt me
You grabbed my hand
said that you would fix me

My heart in your hands
Careful, cautious
yours in mine
Lovely and luscious

Songs fill my head.
Like tears,
Lyrics dripping
the fears,
emotions ripping
Was that it, was that all
coming to terms, gripping
going slower, slipping

Yesterday you called me baby
Today your voice is different, distant
The yes’s turned to maybes
The plans we made, resistant
And still the feelings, persistent

I miss the feel of you
Next to me, strong
And here I am alone

Wondering what went wrong

-Brin Plourde, October 3, 2013 6:35am

No comments:

Post a Comment