Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Love / Hate Bang Relationship Ends...

I have forever gone back and forth between bangs and no bangs.  Something about my brain doesn't let me remember what a pain in the ass it is to have bangs with curly hair.  It's a pain in the ass.

Each morning I would take a shower, load up on product, plug in the flat iron, blow dry the bangs and then flat iron the bangs.  Betty Page bangs, sweep bangs, whatever - time consuming!

Then each day, all day, my "Bangs OCD" is on full alert.  Are they even?  Are they straight?  Are they frizzy?  UGH!

I grow them out.  Thinking that I have left the bang desire behind me, once and for all.

Then I see some hot chick with black hair and bangs.  Suddenly I want them back.  I browse old pics of myself with cute bangs; adding fuel to the fire.

I give in.  I cut them again.  Immediately; regret.

Well, no MORE!  "NO MORE!", I say.  Thanks to Micheline Pitt, stylist, make-up artist, designer, artist, awesomeness.  She made a video for YouTube about fake bangs.  WHAT DID SHE SAY?!?!  Fake Bangs?!?!  Oh, yeah she did.

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7KJFc6FjXk Part 1 of 2 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyBjMPnhfQI&feature=relmfu Part 2 of 2.

She also goes into making fake bangs out of your own hair using a shaper and all too.  I don't have the patience or skill for that one.

She walks you through the process of procuring, dying and styling your fake hair to have any kind of bang you want.  I AM IN AWE.  Why didn't I know about this?

I immediately run to the nearest Sally Beauty Supply during lunch.  I buy two fake bang hair pieces, both in red because they only offer two colors; blonde and red.  Not only are they in stock, they are on CLEARANCE!!!!  I plan on cutting one into a Betty Page bang and leaving the other in a nice swoop bang.



Next stop, Vons, for hair dye.  I choose L'Oreal Excellence Cream Color in Natural Black.  That's what I use normally and I wanted the closet match possible to hide any distinction between the real hair and the real hair piece.  I bought two boxes since I have a shit ton of thick hair.


I put the two pieces into a Pyrex glass baking dish so that it didn't stain anything.  I put the dye into my hair first and dyed the pieces next.  I spread the dye on like frosting on cinnamon rolls.  


Make sure you turn the pieces over to get the back and clip area.  When I finished they looked like crappy pieces of bloody meat or bloody pelts, neither very ascetically pleasing. 



And wait thirty minutes. 

Stay tuned for Part 2~Brin

No comments:

Post a Comment